What are cookies and what do we use them for?
POU on its website www.pou-cakovec.hr use the so-called cookies. Cookies are small files that are saved on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website and thus enable it to recognize your computer the next time you visit us in order to offer you a personalized experience when moving through the site.
The cookies on our website are not aimed at spying on the user and do not follow everything the user does and are not malicious code or virus. They are also not associated with spam, do not store usernames and passwords, and are not intended exclusively for advertisements or advertising. Information such as your name or email address will not be saved – our website cannot access your personal information and files on your computer.
Types of cookies according to duration, source and function
Cookies are divided into temporary and permanent cookies according to their duration.
- Temporary cookies or session cookies are removed from your computer when you close your internet browser. They are used to store temporary data, such as the last few pages you opened in our webshop or the items in your shopping cart.
- Permanent, persistent or saved cookies remain on your computer after closing the Internet browser program. They are used to store data such as login name and password, language settings or cookie settings so that you do not have to re-enter them each time you visit our website. Persistent cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for days, months, even years.
According to the source, cookies are divided into first-party cookies and third-party cookies.
- First-party cookies come directly from our website and can be permanent or temporary. With the help of these cookies, our website can store data that will be used again during your next visit.
- Third-party cookies come from other Internet sites, which are located on the Internet site you are viewing. With the help of these cookies, other Internet sites can track Internet usage on the Internet site you are viewing for marketing purposes. A well-known example of a third-party cookie is Google Analytics, which our website uses.
According to the function, cookies can be technical cookies, functional cookies and marketing cookies.
- Technical cookies are cookies necessary for the functioning of our website. They are always active and cannot be turned off in our systems. They are typically set in response to your actions involving a request for services, such as cookie settings, logging in, or filling out forms. You can set your browser to block these cookies or send a warning about them, but in this case some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store any information that could identify you.
- Functional cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They can be turned off, and they can be set by us or by third-party service providers whose services are added to our sites. If you do not enable these cookies, some of these functions may not function properly.
- Marketing cookies enable us to record visits and traffic sources so that we can measure and improve the performance of our website and store. They help us find out which pages are most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information collected by these cookies is accumulated and therefore remains anonymous. Marketing cookies can be turned off, but if you don’t enable them, we won’t know when you visited our site and won’t be able to track its performance. These cookies do not store personal settings directly, but are based on the unique identification of your browser and internet device.
What cookies our website uses
- rc::a – a cookie that makes it possible to distinguish between humans and robots. It is useful for our website because it allows us to compile statistics about its use; persistent cookie
- rc::b / rc::c – cookies that enable the distinction between humans and robots; temporary cookies, they expire after closing the Internet browser
- wc_cart_created – cookie necessary to enable the functionality of the shopping cart; temporary cookie, expires after closing the Internet browser
- wc_cart_hash_# – Enables the functioning of the shopping cart; persistent cookie
- wc_fragments_# – Enables the shopping cart to function; temporary cookie, expires after closing the Internet browser
- woocommerce_cart_hash / woocommerce_items_in_cart – cookie necessary to enable the functionality of the cart by remembering the products placed in the cart. Additionally, based on the contents of the shopping cart, it suggests products that you might still like; temporary cookie, expires after closing the Internet browser
- wp_woocommerce_session_# – enables the functioning of the web store; expires after one day
Marketing cookies can be turned off:
- NID – registers a unique ID to identify the device you use to connect to our website, which is then used for targeted advertising; expires after 6 months
- Cookies created by Google Analytics –
How you can manage cookies
The box for managing cookie settings is located at the foot of our website – in it you can choose which types of cookies our site can use – whether we will use only necessary cookies or other types of cookies. This box also contains a list of all the cookies we use and their description.
By selecting the “Enable all cookies” option, you allow all of the above-mentioned cookies to be stored on your computer or mobile device.
By selecting the “Only necessary cookies” option, only the values for the necessary cookies, without which the site cannot function, are stored on your computer or mobile device.
You can always change the settings once selected.
Additionally, you can accept or reject some or all cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Some browsers allow you to browse websites in “anonymous” mode, limiting the amount of data placed on your computer and automatically deleting persistent cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you end your browsing session. There are also many third-party applications that you can add to your browser to block or manage cookies. You can also delete cookies that were previously placed in your browser by selecting the option to delete browsing history and turning on the option to delete cookies.
You can find more detailed information about cookies and adjusting browser settings on the following pages: